SMG F&B Cashier in Tucson, Arizona
Job Title: Cashier -- Part-time
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Food and Beverage Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Concessions Cashier for SMG/Tucson Convention Center/Arena. Cashier position involves preparing for daily activities, accurately accounting of all transactions, balancing the vault, checking in and out clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Punches clock in full uniform, ready to work and no earlier than five minutes prior to shift.
- Greets all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Answers guest questions about food and beverage and our facilities accurately and in a friendly manner.
- Prepares work area for opening, mid-shift or closing in accordance with Food and Beverage standards.
- Maintains accurate accounting of all cash and inventory on assigned concession stand.
- Plans and prepares for daily cash sales flow.
- Organizes all paperwork for cashier responsibilities including cash slips and over-ring and under-ring forms.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers.
- Maintains safe working conditions and sanitary work area for employees.
- Performs location worker assignments.
- Verifies the proper items prices to the menu
- Maintains full knowledge of menus, recipes and other pertinent information.
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization and proper food handling.
- Follows all rules and regulations of Food and Beverage.
- Does side work during non-busy hours.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have 1 year of cash register and cash handling procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Must have basic working knowledge of concession/cafeteria operation.
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors and employees.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holiday as dictated by events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some experience with computers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, one must have the physical ability to maneuver around the facility (ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Brandy Foster
SMG -- Tucson Convention Center
260 S. Church Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 520-837-4759.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled