BCM Controls Corporation Project Sales Executive in Tucson, Arizona
POSITION TITLE: Service Projects Account Executive DEPARTMENT: Building Services
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Redeem annual booking plan in assigned markets and territory at company approved pricing standards. Develop assigned key accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND BASIC DUTIES BOOKINGS:
- Ability to close total annual factored sales at predetermined levels.
- Able to qualify prospects, makes effective sales presentations, answers questions and objections in a proficient and responsible manner. Aggressively manages quotes to close sales.
- Able to plan and efficiently schedule appointments and manage time to assure maximum productivity and responsiveness to customer's time schedules.
- Appraise and survey mechanical systems. Understand prospect's needs and problems. Determine repair, modification, and/or replacement requirements to provide prospects with solutions to problems. Interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Able to provide modification/repair/replacement recommendations and to document these so the customer and operations/delivery understands what is required.
- Able to estimate cost of proposed repair/modification/replacement and apply company pricing standards to the estimate.
Able to increase existing customer's perception of and use of the company's services by providing prompt, cost-effective solutions to customer's problems. Able to provide products to improve customer's facility.
Able to identify prospects in assigned market. Promptly follow up on leads and referrals. Establish customer rapport and identify needs. Maintain an active backlog of quotes to assure booking goal is consistently met.
- Promptly address customer concerns to assure resolution of problems and maintain long-term positive relationships.
MECHANICAL SYSTEMS KNOWLEDGE:
- Competent understanding of mechanical systems. Able to identify problems and propose cost-effective solutions.
SALES PRESENTATION STRATEGY:
- Understand prospect's organization and decision-making process. Anticipate and answer objections. Commit the prospect to a decision making timetable.
- Build and maintain rapport and positive working relations with field, office, and management personnel to resolve problems; exploit opportunities and maximize profits.
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors, and other outside agents. Effectively represent the company's interests to outside agents to maximize profits.
- Participate, when appropriate, with operations in vendor selection, timely purchase, and delivery to assure prompt installation.
- In a timely fashion, prepare complete, clear, and concise reports, proposals, booking packages, and required company paperwork. Maintain written supportive information relative to delays, changes and special conditions, schedules, etc.
- Provide support for any special projects as assigned by your supervisor. These special projects, at the determination of your supervisor, may or may not become part of this position's primary responsibilities.
Gross Profit Redemption:
- Book the following gross profit dollars of projects by fiscal year end: $437,500
- Book the following priced raw dollars of projects by fiscal year end: $1,250,000 at 35% gross profit.
In any 12 month rolling period, issue at least 104 quotes totaling $5,000,000.
Maintain at all times an active (not lost, dead, sold or over 120 days old) quotation backlog of $1,250,000 with a probability to close of >60%.
Plan and average at least the following number of sales activities per week:
5 Qualifying Calls / Surveys
3 Verification Calls
2 Proposal / Closing Calls
2 Follow-up Calls
Probe out cause for your customer's credit problems, advise credit manager and solve all problems within two weeks of notice.
Use team selling approach, with your supervisor on all proposals over $ 100,000.
Rehearse all your presentations for projects over $ 100,000 with your supervisor and/or co-workers.
Follow-up on all sales leads from construction and other personnel within an average of one day and keep person providing the lead fully informed on status.
Submit your expense and vehicle reports weekly.
Submit next week's plan and call report at the weekly Plan and Review (PAR) meeting (ongoing).
Review at each weekly Plan and Review (PAR) meeting (ongoing).
Complete all pricing and estimating forms properly and completely using standard pricing procedures.
Submit all sold project paperwork within one working day of date of sale.
Review all new agreements with the project manager/ service manager within two days of booking date.
- Become familiar with and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Plan your sales calls to assure maximum face-to-face selling time every day.
Participate in weekly Plan and Reviews (PAR) with your supervisor.
Report customer complaints to your supervisor immediately.
Always behave diplomatically to prevent conflict.
Document all complaints in writing. Rating:
Keep customer, your supervisor, and project manager informed as to progress and resolution of customer complaints.
Participate in your customer's social activities.
Maintain good customer rapport.
Advise your supervisor when V.I.P. customers are in town.
Learn enough about the customer's business so you may be of the utmost help to them.
Continue to probe customers for other services we may offer for their benefit.
Get an agreement with your customer on how to handle and charge them for all extra work orders.
Keep your supervisor informed of your major activities.
Notify your supervisor of all extraordinary customer social activities.
Notify your supervisor of problems beyond your control as soon as possible.
Utilize the company’s expertise for special cases which you cannot handle.
Maintain a conservative executive-type appearance.
Maintain a clean car in good mechanical condition.
- Look for energy conservation ideas and inform your customer.
Understand all programs and procedures applicable to your area of responsibility and insure proper implementation and administration of those programs and procedures.
Promote company teamwork and other department support.
Belong to and participate in applicable trade associations as assigned by your supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Basic understanding of HVAC, general office procedures, and record keeping functions. Knowledge of all related computer applications. Basic understanding of mechanical systems and their operation.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Five years of related sales or HVAC Project and Retrofit or other related experience.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Well organized, accurate and attentive to detail. Excellent communication and public relation abilities. Strong typing and computer application skills. Insurable driving record. Ability to assist and support others.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
FINGER DEXTERITY: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual insight necessary to prepare or inspect documents or operate office equipment.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Must be able to climb a ladder and carry up to 50 lbs.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Well groomed professional appearance, positive attitude, and ability and desire to get along with others, customer service focused, willingness to work as a team member, willingness to adapt to the company culture, practice respect for others, and take directions to be motivated and a self-starter. Should have good listening skills.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions such as in a typical office. Some exposure to extreme summer temperatures/roof access ladder climbing
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed but simple instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing numbers; to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with money; to perform operations with units such as inch, foot, yard, ounce, and pound or metric counterparts.
Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation. Ability to write complex sentences using proper punctuation, adjectives, and adverbs. Ability to communicate in complex sentences using normal word order with present tenses, past tenses, and using a good vocabulary.