FirstService Residential Violation Inspector (HOA) in Tucson, Arizona
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The preferred candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work independently. The position will entail exterior inspections of homes in multiple residential community associations, documenting compliance issues and confirming completion of exterior projects pursuant to written requests and approvals. Light office duties and use of small office equipment will be required from time to time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Monitor the communities for compliance with the Community Guidelines
- Inspect and document exterior modification projects throughout the residential communities for conformity with prior written approvals.
- Filing as necessary
- Light office duties as needed
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to clearly, tactfully and professionally explain Community standards.
- Maintain a friendly professional demeanor while interacting with residents in person or over the phone.
- Return phone calls and emails with 24 hours addressing any concerns or questions regarding compliance letter(s) received.
- Proficient in use of Outlook, Word and Basic Excel.
Tools & Equipment Used
- Personal vehicle use
- Use of either smartphone or IPad for compliance recordation (provided by Employer)
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to survey properties on foot as needed
- Work outside year-round
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours may occur, including evenings, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Utilizes personal vehicle to survey properties.
- Occasional travel to regional office for meetings
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled